What should you do to make sure that your website design company adheres to good website design practices? You must check out on certain basics points which are stated as follows:
- Relevant Content : the substance, and information on the site should be relevant to the website and should target the audience that the website is concerned with.
- User – friendliness : the site should be definitely very user-friendly ie. the interface and navigation should be simple & consistent.
- Style & Appearance: the graphics, video, flash animation, text etc should be arranged to show consistency. The style should be professional, appealing and relevant. The colors, fonts and textures used should have a purpose. They should target the appropriate audience.
- Site visibility & traffic : the website needs traffic – just like a shop needs customers. The url should thus be easy to remember and easy to type.
- Calls to action: the website needs to have attractive buttons or graphics with the intention to draw the user’s attention to that area. Phrases like ‘Call Now’, Get In Touch’, ‘Early Bird Discount’ draws attention and instigates the visitor to act quickly.
- Contact information: should be placed in an area that makes it prominent and easier for the visitor to contact you.